Address: Pettorano Sul Gizio

Description

The inside of the village can be accessed via five of the six gates that made up the ancient walls of the village, that of San Nicola is located on the western side.
At the top of the arch is a fresco depicting St. Margaret, the patron saint of the village, who supports the village with her left hand and in her right hand holds a cross.   The plaque embedded in the bottom with the date of 1656 could refer to the date of its restoration. On the left is a leaning circular defense tower, of a typical construction often present alongside of the oldest doors.